Believe every kid has infinite potential
to play, to move, to learn, and to blossom!
Peadiatric Physiotherapist can help Babies or children with:
- Delay gross and fine motor development (e.g. dislike being placed on his/her tummy at 5 months old and does not appear to push up with arms; never crawl but shuffles on his/her bottom or cannot use the thumb and index finger to grip at 12 months.)
- Over-responsiveness (irritable, restless, irregular sleeping pattern)
- Under-responsiveness (does not react, sleeping too much)
- Hypotonia or low muscle tone (poor head control, floppiness in his trunk or limbs, slump back, W-sitting, poor walking endurance)
- Hypertonia or high muscle tone (e.g. stiffness in the legs, typically noticed during nappy changing, or your child may like to be held up in standing just too much)
- Downs Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Brain injures
- Spinal Bifida
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (clumsiness and coordination problem with examples of messy eating, poor ball skills, poor balance, awkward running pattern, difficult in learning new skills)
- Specific Learning Disability
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder / Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Sensory Integration Disorder
- Torticollis (favour of Turning head to one side; irregular head shape-plagiocephaly)
- Erb's Palsy
- Inturning feet (Talipes Equinovarus) or out-turning feet (Talipes Calcano Valgus)
- In-toeing or out-toeing walking pattern
- Flat Feet
"Paed physio check"
Frequently a physiotherapy check (sensory motor developmental assessment) for your baby or child may simply help to put your mind at rest. . Even minor ailments can become habitual and eventually difficult to change. It is never too early to seek help, advice and, if necessary, physiotherapy treatment. Generally the earlier therapy starts the better!
How does CST help babies and children?
Since the craniosacral system has a direct impact upon the smooth functioning of the brain and spinal cord, it is easy to see how restrictions and tensions in these areas can create a multitude of motoric, sensory and neurological impairments in babies and children.
Research has shown that womb positioning and the birth process itself has a very strong impact on the central nervous system. Carried out in the delivery room or within weeks of delivery, CST can often reduce a wide variety of problems, many of which may not be noticed by conventional medicine until children start showing delays in their developmental milestones or reach their school years. School-age children can benefit greatly as well from regular craniosacral work. Even problems with head shape and skull-bone overrides can be corrected with the skillful use of craniosacral therapy.
Conditions such as the following can be helped with CST:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder /
Attention Deficit Disorder
- Behavioral Disorders / Emotional Problems
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chronic ear infections
- Digestive/Elimination issues
- Down Syndrome
- Erb’s Palsy
- Eye-Motor Coordination Problems
- Failure-to-thrive syndromes
- Hearing problems
- Learning difficulties, Dyslexia
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Poor sucking
- Sensory Integration issues
- Sleeping problems
- Speech delay
- Torticollis (only turning the head to one side)
- and many others
Copyright 2017 | Kids Blossom Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre | All Rights Reserved